A great dog groomer for your beloved fur baby can be hard to find. You want someone who is trustworthy, caring and compassionate to your dog’s needs, and knowledgeable. Not only do you want someone with experience, but you want a great groomer who has experience with your breed. When searching for dog grooming in Boca Raton for your Maltese, here is what you should look for.
Tips for Finding a Great Place for Grooming in Boca Raton
- Check for cleanliness. When you walk in, the place should be clean enough that you would feel comfortable getting your own care there. Work stations should be free from clutter, and there shouldn’t be any strong odors from improper ventilation.
- Ask about training and experience. Ask where the groomer received their training. Did they attend a special school or participate in a mentorship? Complete an apprenticeship before starting this career? What specific experience do they have working with Maltese?
- Find out what the procedures are in the event of an emergency. It’s not likely that an emergency would occur while your pet is getting groomed, but you need peace of mind. Ask what they do in the event of a weather emergency, as well as what first aid training and supplies they have.
- Get all costs upfront, and ask how they determine pricing. Make sure there aren’t any hidden fees. Ask whether they will call before performing services if your pooch should require extra care not previously discussed.
- Ask about comforts. Will your dog be crated? Where will your pet be held after drop-off and before pick-up? Are you allowed to stay and watch? If not, do they offer live stream viewing through a smartphone?
When It’s Time to Take Your Maltese in for Grooming
When you’re ready to visit a local shop for dog grooming in Boca Raton, only visit reputable businesses. You can check for online reviews or ask your friends and family for a referral. When you hire a dog groomer, they are your partner in care for your Maltese. It’s not a decision to take lightly, so don’t rush into this decision.