Who knew buying a dog bed could be so difficult? A bed is more than a napping spot for your pup, it’s a place of safety and comfort. Here’s how to choose a dog bed with ease!
How to Choose a Dog Bed: Important Factors to Consider
It’s estimated that dogs sleep 12 to 14 hours a day. If you slept that much, you’d want a perfect bed too! Here are some key factors to keep in mind.
- Cost: A quality dog bed requires a flexible budget. A good one can cost up to $150! While that may be a pretty penny, consider how much time your dog will spend in their bed.
- Design: A high-quality design comes in many different styles, but the key is that it is high quality. Poorly constructed designs are no good, falling apart after a bit of digging or even a basic cleaning.
- Material: Materials are everything. Some dogs need a foam bed, and warmer breeds benefit from cooling materials.
- Size: Size and shape should suit your dog’s breed and needs whether they want their own king-size or prefer a snug, secure space.
Dog Beds: Common Types and What They’re For
If you’re still wondering how to choose a dog bed, here are some styles you can look out for.
- Bagel: Bagel beds are circular beds that are soft and cozy with a depression in the center for those snuggly types.
- Cave: Warmth and protection meet in this nest of a bed, offering a rigid tent or blanket-like cover.
- Leaner: Leaner beds provide rigidity, allowing your pup to rest against the walls for some comfy support.
- Mattress Pad: The most common style of dog bed, mattress pad beds are rectangular and come in many different sizes, colors, and fabrics.
- Orthopedic: Great for senior dogs or dogs with bone or joint issues, these memory foam beds offer exceptional support.
Still Not Sure Which Bed Is Right for Your Pooch? Love My Puppy Is Here to Help!
Finding a dog bed is no easy task, but Love My Puppy is here to make it easier with our large selection of beds! We even make custom beds. Contact us at 561-368-6767 for assistance!